25 July 2008

"when arms are bare."

Can you hold me?
Please?
Trying to think, breathe, sleep,
and finding I can't.
I need to feel something;
anything.
The warmth of a friend's words,
the safety of their arms,
the release of a blade.
Anything.

Oh, come on!
Let's make a scene!
Warped emotion,
twisted logic,
isn't life better thrown in suspense?
We'll cover the blood in lies
like we cover the scars in cloth,
and in the end,
feelings are worthless,
it's all about
the momentary ups.


Please.
I need to let go of this,
need to get out of my own head,
there's nothing left there for me…
just the numbness that
has me locked to every insecurity,
every fault, every emotion,
and I don't know where to turn.


Hopeless, you are.
Trust me,
I'll hold you,
I know what to do,
I'll make it feel better,
trust me.
Now here,
one more,
just one more;
it'll take the pain away.


Help me,
make it stop,
please.
Please.
I don't want this,
it feels like I do,
but I just…
don't know what else to do.
Can you hold me, please?
I don't want to spend another night
alone
or in the bonds of this.


You're hurting!
Come on,
come on,
come on!
Just one more,
just one.
It'll take the pain away.
I promise,
now trust me.

Please…
I don't want this.


You know you do.
Just one.
Imagine
feeling all the pain
go away
with
just-


Go away.
Everything will be okay
.

No it won't,
you know it won't!
It never is.
Not ever.
You know you want to give in,
come on.


Everything will be okay.
Everything will be okay.
Everything will be okay.
Please…
everything will be okay.

No comments: