15 July 2008

"confusion in threes"

Hold me?
But he can’t…
and he wouldn’t.
Faces before her eyes
where there’s no room to cry,
he just lies there in her mind,
the chains that keep her still.
I don’t understand…
whispering to no one,
growing faint in the heat,
but he wouldn’t,
just wouldn’t,
and there she is:
naked in the eyes of her satan,
love rolling off her skin in waves,
splatter marks across time.
Love me!
Pleading the unanswered,
reaching for what?
For nothing…
She falls to her knees,
her face lost in the floor,
staring at a chained heart,
the imprints of another white wall.
Please don’t…
his hands come down,
he leaves,
he spits fire in her soul.

1 comment:

SH0RTxPNAY said...

Aw Jessie...I miss the days when I could really understand your poems...so beautiful. It's grown so much...

-Mandee