18 July 2008

"The Heart of a Child"

What is there to do?
When my heart wants to detach
from everything I need
and yet hold on to it all the more.
I love him…
and he loves me,
I believe he does,
it's just hard to see at times,
and yes, he hurts me,
he makes me cry…
but I know he loves me,
it's just hard to remember at times.
My soul cries out in prayer,
and I'm always answered,
sometimes it's what I want,
sometimes it isn't,
but I always know He's there.
And my heart grows heavy
with pain and sorrow
and other times with pure joy.
My heart…
so troubled;
it wants to hold on,
it wants to let go;
it's like a child:
it knows exactly where it needs to go,
but it's so unsure of how to get there,
feeling lost and alone,
but somehow full of hope,
pure and dreaming.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I like this one. Also, I tagged you in a memo-survey thing, if you wanted to do it on myspace or something. =)