19 October 2008

"how do you not see it?"

She says she does not see;
blind
but to my words
but to the pictures I paint
in her mind,
because she cannot see.

I do not believe her.

How could one not see?
when all the beauty
is there,
all to be seen
to be heard
to be breathed
to be savored
to be held,
is there before you.

She says she sees a rush
only the stresses of daily life;
this is why she doesn't see,
why she cannot see.
She says she wants to see it,
wants to see it soon,
but she need only take a step back
from the world
and breathe.

I find the colors of that sunset
in a stranger's eyes,
I find the sounds of that sky
in a soul's melody,
I find the fragrance of that evening
in the air about me,
I find the flavors of that beauty
in a life that passes by,
I find the arms of those clouds
in love.

I say she let life be to flow,
I say she live in the moment,
I say she take in the beauty,
I say for her to stop
and see.

No comments: